Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Operation Alice!!!

59 days and an undisclosed amount of money later... SHE'S ALIVE!

What you see here is a bike that died a brutal death in a mud/ water/ pit of despair at the Train Robber's National Enduro. When she took her last breath, water was about 3 inches over the seat. The motor was completely trashed in the process, as well as every seal and bearing:


Luckily, that was the last race for a while on my schedule. Here in Texas, our off season is the summer when it's just too hot to get out and ride. I went at her with the pressure washer and commenced to tearing her all apart. I took my time and paid attention, and made a LONG list of everything that needed to be replaced. From there, I went ahead and added some things on there to make sure she cam bike like new. No point in leaving the opportunity for a weak link...


This was actually my first time to rebuild an engine, and I'm certainly glad it was my 2 stroke and not the 450. Proved to be fairly simple and I now have a much better understanding of what's going on in there!

-Hot Rods complete Crankshaft
-KTM Piston/ Rings
-KTM Main bearings
-All New Seals
-Gaskets
-NGK Plug
-Bolts
-O-Rings
-Pegs
-Moose Wheel Bearings Front/ Rear
-Moose Brake Pads Front/ Rear
-Moose Rear Sprocket
-Shock Bolt
-Woodruff Keys
-Spotless Flywheel
-KTM Countershaft Sprocket
-All Ballz Shock Bearing
-Trail Tech Light Wiring
-New Filter/ Cage
-Battery Tender Lead
-Electric Starter Motor Springs
-And some other goodies I'm forgetting

Ran her through the breakin process yesterday and set the rings- running like a champ so far!


Now for some Thank You's- Stone Motor Company plays a big part in all this. Also, as you're well aware- Vita Brevis Clothing. Huge thanks and props to SMS Racing!!! Josh and Haydn were a huge help with all my questions and parts needs. Thanks big time guys! Also need to thank my wife, Candice, for her patience and encouragement, as well as my RP boys for keeping the ball rolling!

www.stonemotorcompany.com
www.vitabrevisclothing.com
www.smsracing.net

No comments:

Post a Comment