Monday, August 8, 2011

32 Days!!!

Only 32 more days until the Texas Xtreme 24 Hour Challenge!

We're coming into the last month of prep time for the big race, and it's about to get nutty. I'm trying to think through every possible issue, detail, and scenario. We're gathering all the little goodies like lenses, socks, gloves, etc. We're also testing more gear and setups, as well as trying to dial in the nutrition. Looks like this thing is going to burn some serious calories, and I need to stay on top of that and be fueled!

Training has stayed right on track despite the heat. I wish it would break a little so I could get some more time on the road bike, but I'm not counting on it with it being August in Texas. I've tested the lights on my course, and they should be great. Kiwi even came up to stir up the dust for me while I practiced! We'll be trying to cram some more Hillbilly Hangout Night Sessions in before the big day. The core of my training, CrossFit, is steadily kicking my butt bright and early every morning with some evening classes thrown in to keep it mixed up. Loving that program and definitely plan to stay with it afterward! I'm even looking to compete with our scaled team at the Life as Rx Tour in Dallas this weekend!

But the big pull is the seat time... I'm sneaking off every chance I get to put some miles on Alice and get comfy in the saddle. She'll be undergoing final prep in the coming weeks with some fresh bearings and meats. I'm excited/ nervous, and looking forward to this beat down!


Starting to love Mondays... I get to go RIDE and usually have the place to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment