Monday, April 11, 2011

5 Months Out...

I'm proud to announce my BIG project for 2011!!! The Tejas Motorsports Texas Xtreme 24 hr Challenge takes place September 10 & 11, 2011.

http://tejasmotorsportsxtremeteam24hrchallenge.com/

This race is going to be an absolute ass-whoopingly awesome test of man and machine that I personally have been obsessed with all year. They've got a 24 mile loop of various East Texas terrain (read: sand, whoops, tight trees, and random gullies you'd never expect to run up on). The race will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday and go straight for 24 hours. All kinds of terrain, all kinds of weird possibilities, and a nice heavy dose of night racing! The format will be 3 racers to 1 bike, 3 racers with 3 separate bikes, and the class I've entered: Ironman. 1 person, 1 bike, 24 hours of sheer bad-assery until I'm snivelling and crying in a cramped up ball of pain buried deep in the sand of East Texas.
 I'm jacked on the idea of this race. It's right up my alley, and I am having a blast preparing for this beastly event. I pre-registered back in January, and I never pre-register for races! I wanted to commit myself to this treachery early enough to have a chance at getting ready.

I'll be steadily monitoring progress through this site, and keeping you guys up to date on the preparation for this race, as well as our TSCEC (Texas State Championship Enduro Circuit) series that I'm racing.

In case you haven't made the connection yet, Vita Brevis Clothing has deep roots in the off-road racing community. I LOVE dirt biking, as well as most of the people involved. We share similar ideas and mindset, so VB has spread like a wild fire through racing all over the southwest. This blog is a great place for updates, stories, and the basic shenanigans that go along with our crew and the good times we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment