Monday, April 18, 2011

Race Update- TRIC Enduro

Yesterday was the TRIC (Trail Riders in Christ)/ RRDR (Red River Dirt Riders) Enduro in Muenster, TX. I love this place, it's by far my favorite riding spot! It's got great terrain, TONS of trails, and a section where quads aren't allowed. Not to mention that it's only 40 minutes from my house! And in North Texas terms, 40 minutes is basically around the corner.

Loved the course they mapped out for the race. It was way more technical than most people expected, but I really prefer that over the fast open stuff. Really enjoyed the 12 and 12.5 mile sections and the "grind" factor they offer.

Started the weekend off on the sidelines for Candice's Warrior Dash. She did great and represented VB Racing like the queen should- Covered in mud and hustling all the way through! Was great to hang out with some of the other VB crew out there too. Plenty of racers and beer drinkers to make me feel right in my element. Great job to all of you who did it, and I'm especially proud of my racer girl!

From there, we loaded up the car, got home, jumped in the Gnar Vee, and split west for the enduro. Cracker Barrel was excellent as always, and it was great as always to spend a pre-race evening with my team. The What !f screening was great. The projector worked well, sound was good, and the flick itself was amazing. Sunday morning was gorgeous with perfect temperatures, and there was a little moisture in the dirt. It was only my second ride on the 300, and I got to try out the new Moose Sahara gear also.
I'm bonding really well with the new bike, and not missing that extra weight the 4 stroke carried at all! Absolutely no mechanical issues, and it feels like a beast in the rocks (especially with the new tall seat). "Scratchillac" style is how I ride- I rarely ever stand up. Like I said before, the course was excellent. Was nice to get in that tight stuff and find a rhythm.
Woody must have been feeling like a boss all day- came away with third overall! Kiwi was on my row and finished strong with 5th in his class. I put together a good ride and left with 3rd. Very happy with my ride and looking forward to more!


Note the busted handguards and bent bars. Had to opt with the ghost ride approach on a climb in the last section. Got me to the finish though!

Other worthy notes:

HUGE thanks to all you guys and gals that came over for the What !f screening- what a great flick and good way to spend an evening out there! Mr. Troy Green is the Wheelie King, and big thanks to TRIC and RRDR for an amazing event!

For thos that haven't seen the trailer, here it is. Great Off-road video with an even better soundtrack! It's on my wish list!

What !f Official Trailer from Red Tide Pictures on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment